This recipe is from the WW Cookbook "Take Out Tonight", I really made no other modifications other than halfing it for myself (full recipe is below) and adding a tad more garlic. It's pretty satisfying if you're looking for a creamy pasta baked dish. Next time I would add more nutmeg and more cinnamon... maybe even some ground cloves to the beef. It's not bad for a light version though!
Source: WW Take Out Tonight Cookbook
3 cups reduced fat % milk
1/4 cup cornstarch
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
8 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
3/4 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 pound spaghetti
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 onion, chopped
3/4 pound lean ground sirloin (10% or less fat)
1 pound plum tomatoes, choppws
2 garlic cloves, minced
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 11x7 inch baking dish with nonstick spray
2. For white sauce: combine milk, cornstarch and eggs in saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until thickened, 7-9 minutes. Remove from eat and stiry in 6 tablespoons of te parmesan, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt, 1/8 teaspoon of pepper, and the nutmeg, cover and set aside.
3. Cook spaghetti according to directions, drain.
4. For filling: heat a large non stick skillet over medium-high heat. Swirl in the oil, then add the onion, stirring occasionally until onion is softened, 4-6 minutes. Add the sirloin and cook, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, until browned, 5-6 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, garlic, cinnamon and the remaining salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until juice from tomatoes evaporates 4-5 minutes.
5. Arrange half of cooked spaghetti over bottom of baking dish, cover with filling, then other half of spaghetti. Distribute white sauce evenly over top, sprinkle remaining parmesan over the top. Bake until top is golden, 30-35 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes before serving.
WW Points: 7
Calories (per 1 cup): 319, 11g fat (sat 4g), 103 mg cholesterol, 512g sodium, 36g carbs, 3g fiber, 19g protein